Isaiah 61:3

Isaiah 61:3 - They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Friday 18 January 2013

Enough

Shame
like a stain,
an ink bottle overturned,
blackness spreading, suffocating.
I strive and scrub and try to make it clean...
Futile.
I crumble, defeated.
Whispers from the darkness overwhelm me, accusations fly -

worthless
hypocrite
who do you think you are?!

And I am convinced that I am not enough.
Inadequate.

if only...
you were more organized
more patient
more self-controlled

if only...
you could get out of debt
get in shape
lose weight
get to places on time

then, and only then...

BUT THEN

Light breaks through!
The darkness trembles.
The only Voice that matters says,

I'm here, in this dark place, waiting... for YOU.
I AM ENOUGH.
You're covered.
I love you.

I realize - the choice is mine.
I turn - again - toward the light.
The darkness is banished
The hissing voice silenced

Truth washes over me like a rushing river
and I hear His voice whisper
and it feels like a roar -

You are mine.
You are beautiful.
I've got big plans for your precious life.
TRUST ME!

And I am undone.

Free
Loved
Complete
ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment