Isaiah 61:3

Isaiah 61:3 - They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Thursday 17 November 2011

Dancing over Texas

A cloudless night
A nearly full moon
Flashes of light spark,
then fizzle
As moonlight dances on water.
Like fireworks on the ground
or a sparkler on a birthday cake -
An unexpected gift at 30,000 feet.
A ribbon of water is suddenly illuminated
as the moon flies over a winding creek,
then disappears just as suddenly.

My heart is filled with wonder, delight, peace...
"Fear not,"
God whispers to my soul,
"Let's play."
And I know -
this is where I'm meant to be.
Hope and joy cascade into gratitude,
overwhelming me with extravagant love.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, you paint a good word picture, very descriptive. My favorite line is "Let's play. And I know - this is where I'm meant to be."

    ReplyDelete